Thursday, November 3, 2011

Silly and Fun: Cardboard Art Head (for hats)

Have I mentioned before the Fiskars.com rocks my world?  Because they do.  Seriously, if I had a nickel for every time I used my Fiskars scissors I'd be a millionaire.
This cardboard art head was one of those projects I made just for the fun of it. Why?  I have no idea.  I have too many hats, but it does look very cool on my dresser!

CARDBOARD ART-HEAD HAT STAND

YOU’LL NEED
4 copies of a face to fill a standard 8 1/2” X 11” sheet of office paper
Scissors
Cardboard
Elmer’s Spray Adhesive
An X-Acto knife is perfect for this project
Hot glue and glue sticks.

HERE’S HOW
HINT: one side of your image will be perfect and the other side will be a little off.  It’s FINE!!!!!
Cut out one of your copied images.
Lay your cut out face up so that the faces are back to back, and trace around your copied image.
Cut out the shape that you just traced.
Spray Elmer’s spray adhesive on the back of one of the images you just cut out, and glue it to a piece of cardboard.
Carefully cut out the cardboard backed head with a cutting knife.
Spray the second image with adhesive and glue it to the back of your cardboard head.
Repeat steps 2 through 6 using cardboard head as the pattern to trace.
Cut one of your cardboard heads in half.
Apply hot glue to the center edges of your split face and glue one to each side of the full cardboard head.
THIS PROJECT AND OVER 150 MORE

1 comment: