Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Sugar Skull Plates DIY

Nothing better than a funky plate to make your dinner table look amazing, don't you think?!  These sugar skull plates are super easy to make AND you can eat off of them!  How cool is that!  Because all of the paint and decoupage is on the back, they're completely food safe.  I got my images at GraphicStock.com.  They're having a free 7 day trial and you can download tons of images for free.  Just like the images I used for this project.  My glass plates are from the 99c store, but you can get them for pennies at Ikea.  Have fun! 
xoxo, Mark
Love this color combo!
I made them in every color under the sun
Try picking a color from the skull for your background
This citrus yellow is one of my favorite Krylon colors
Watch the short video tutorial here
You might also like this Sugar Skull T-shirt DIY!
YOU'LL NEED
Clear glass plates
Rubbing Alcohol
Krylon spray paint in white and colors you like
Images from GraphicStock.com
Scissors


More images at GraphicStock.com

I got these roses on GraphicStock.com













7 comments:

  1. This is just greeeaaatt!! I would like to write a post with a link to this article.. do you agree??
    http://teschiodizucchero.com/
    best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did something like this for a Day of the Dead party for Festivities magazine a few years ago, but I cut out tissue paper skulls (papel picado style). This looks WAY easier, and the finished product is fabulous! Love. Nikki from Tikkido.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds very cool Nicole! I'd love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Coat the back with a two coats of Minwax Polycrylic and you can hand wash them with a sponge.

      Delete